Req. ID: 118988
As an R&D Dry Etch Process Development Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will design and optimize plasma etch processes for Micron's leading edge memory. You will take ideas from conception through process development then implementation in our production facilities.
Your primary areas of responsibility include plasma dry etch process characterization, optimization, design, troubleshooting, process transfer and fundamental research. Dry Etch Process Development Engineers interact with groups such as process integration, electrical failure analysis, yield enhancement, manufacturing, and equipment vendors to ensure robust etch processes that meet the precise physical and electrical requirements for Micron products. This position requires that you have an aptitude for a research and development environment, good organization skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment. This role is critical to the success of Micron's products and may require travel to Micron manufacturing sites.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
R&D Pilot Line Fab
- Updating the Fab engineers on customer issues and technology needs.
- Supporting root cause defect and unique fail mode analysis.
- Delivering advanced technology to meet future product nodes.
- Developing recipes to meet structural & electrical requirements.
- Managing wafers though Dry Etch levels in support of special requirements.
Other Process Areas
- Working in cross-functional teams to jointly develop device structures.
- Supporting cross-functional failure analysis and yield improvement.
Dry Etch peers
- Maintaining or developing expertise in multiple process, hardware, or technology areas.
- Serving as a resource for peers in recipe & process development.
- Understanding in Transport phenomena, Electromagnetics, Atomic/Molecular physics, and Surface phenomena
- Solid trouble shooting, experimental design and data analysis skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Basic understanding of plasma sources used in plasma etching
- Understanding in the principles of dry etch processing
- Rudimentary understanding of process control and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- An understanding of solid state devices
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics with minimum 5 years experience
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.