R&D Director Summary:
The R&D Director leads, guides, and executes the R&D activities. They will work to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of process flow and impact to the bottom line. They will lead groups, and mentor in a fast-growing and innovative environment.
R&D Director Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting/managing NAFTA criteria.
- Manage all R&D activities including prototype and overhead expenses.
- Responsible for managing Design reviews.
- Manage customer relationship with regular communication and contact.
- Responsible for making sure the technical customer strategies are well defined.
- Responsible for the R&D Procedures, policies and processes.
- Must stay abreast of all new technology developments.
- In charge of R&D efficiency and cost reduction.
- Responsible for the R&D foot print (headcount) making sure it is in line with the Business Group goals/forecast.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Measures monthly operating performances against approved goals and objectives.
- Prepares the annual business plan and forecast for the department.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive management.
R & D Director Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have 10+ years experience with transmission or powertrain components.
- Management of R&D function.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent communication, presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- In depth knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- High degree of professionalism along with organizational skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to motivate and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.