The Chemical Engineer Researcher will lead efforts in the identification, development, scale-up and industrialization of new catalysts and processes for a variety of chemical technologies. This includes identifying and developing technologies to reduce costs or improve efficiencies for existing units and inventing new products and process technologies to support long-term business objectives.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art research facility along-side our technical team of experts. HTC is located at the Channelview Complex, one of the largest petrochemicalfacilities in the Gulf Coast with approximately 2,000 employees, covering 4,000 acres, just 19 miles from our corporate Headquarters in downtown Houston. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
- Lead projects to identify and develop innovative new or improved catalysts and related processes that support the company’s business objectives. This will include:
- new idea generation and project definition
- experimental design in bench scale laboratory equipment and in pilot plants
- provide leadership and direction to technicians/operators
- ensure that objectives and experimental plans are well-prepared and communicated for effective project execution with the highest attention to process and personnel safety
- documentation and presentation of experimental results
- design of pilot test units from lab to demonstration scale, and protocols to efficiently generate data for process development.
- work with the Engineering and Manufacturing organizations to plan and execute industrialization plans including plant trials, where needed.
- Minimum PhD in Chemical Engineering with 0-5 years of industry or R&D experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in experimental design and experience in bench scale laboratory equipment or pilot plants.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with technicians, fellow researchers, plant engineers, management, and executive levels is essential. Must be comfortable making presentations to senior management in-order to obtain support for projects.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and/or changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical orientation, able to use and build on their technical education, training, and experience to perform well in a R&D work environment.
- Needs to be highly creative in proposing new projects, optimizing catalyst and process concepts and finding ways to meet project objectives. Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Highly self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to drive for results.