Job ID: BEC009053
• Develop and execute the procurement strategy for BIOCHEM commodity.
• Achieve world-class results in quality, delivery, cost, and working capital.
• Develop, integrate and manage preferred suppliers for BIOCHEM commodity to meet global requirements.
• Develop and implement “best-in-class” supply chain processes and procedures.
• Dotted line responsibility for coordination of activities of other commodities and procurement professionals.
• Ensure usage of Danaher’s preferred supplier contracts in order to maximize QDC-results & to comply with respective policies
• Lead workshops and kaizens, training acquisition associates on BECKMAN COULTER, INC sourcing tools & processes
• Provide coaching, mentoring and support to BIOCHEM team members.
• Participate in teams led by Danaher Corporate commodity leaders, as appropriate
• Champion BIOCHEM Commodity Team initiatives throughout BECKMAN COULTER, INC.
• Reports to the SENIOR MANAGER, GLOBAL PROCUREMENT
• Interacts with the Danaher Segment Leader/CORP. CTL
• Interacts with various strategic sourcing associates (BIOCHEM Team,
Corporate Procurement, Manufacturing and Materials Management executives)
• Interacts with Segment Ops/Procurement professionals.
• Manages and Leads the Global BIOCHEM team
• Engages directly with newly acquired companies to ensure their rapid assimilation into the BECKMAN COULTER, INC. strategic sourcing processes.
• Frequently communicates with, and visits suppliers to establish the appropriate commercial framework for BECKMAN COULTER’S needs and to relay the required processes for doing business with Danaher companies
• Frequently communicates/negotiates with suppliers who are competitors or customers.
• YoY improvement in supplier quality and delivery.
• YoY cost improvements of 5-10%.
• Reduction in supplier lead times, MOQ’s and improvement in inventory turns.
• Improvement of working capital (DPO)
• Supplier Consolidation.
• Ensuring contract coverage equaling/exceeding 80% of category value
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
• Education - Bachelordegreerequired, preferably in Chemistry, Biomedical or related areas. Advanced business degree (e.g. MBA) beneficial
• Experience – 10 to 15years overall business experience with at least 5years of that in manufacturing engineering, sourcing, logistics, supply chain, or procurement roles.
• Functional Training - Demonstration of continuing education in sourcing and supply chain.
MOST IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Teamwork - must be able to lead a number of cross-BECKMAN teams to complete their assignments and reach their goals.
• Ability to Influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives of the BIOCHEM commodity team.
• Results orientation - must deliver hard dollar results.
• Technical excellence - must possess the technical skills necessary to be seen as credible within Beckman and DHR by peers and managers.
• Developing organizational talent - must be able to develop BIOCHEM commodity team members.
• Effective planning, organization, and leadership skills, including managing global cultural differences.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Excel & Access
• Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
• Ability to articulate clear vision and convey a sense of urgency
• Ability & willingness to work in a matrix organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
• Ability & willingness to achieve excellent results with minimal supervision.