Are you a Quantum Information Scientist with expertise in quantum information science?
Do you want to work on a broad set of projects with a vibrant team of experimental and theoretical physicists?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
At APL, you will not only be able to collaborate with people defining the state of the art, but can also work with government to define the direction of research in the years to come!
As a Quantum Information Scientist at APL you will...
- Perform independent research and cultivate new programs by identifying emerging opportunities and challenges with a focus on quantum control and noise characterization, quantum algorithm development, quantum error correction, or quantum architectures. (50%)
- Support ongoing programs in quantum information science by making immediate contributions to efforts exploiting quantum control for noise characterization, measurement, and sensing. (50%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
: You meet our minimum qualifications if you...
- Have a PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Have significant experience in Quantum Information Science.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a demonstrated record of research accomplishment and publications in the field of quantum information science.
- Are willing to occasionally travel to sponsor sites, conferences and workshops.
You meet our desired qualifications if you...
- Have a record of significant contributions on team-oriented projects pursuing highly complex objectives.
- Have experience in both quantum information theory and software development.
- Have experience collaborating closely with experimentalists.