$80K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Austin Base Salary Range: 92,000 - 118,000 USD
We are looking for a Quantitative User Experience Researcher with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experiment design, survey research, statistical analysis, and human-computer interaction. You will collaborate with cross-functional team members to define and prioritize research and to develop UX metrics. You will design and conduct empirical research, and you will code, clean, visualize and analyze Indeeds' vast stores of data using statistical methods in order to understand and extract meaningful patterns of user behavior. Your research will generate user experience insights that will move our products forward.
Some of the ways you will support the team
* Collaborate with product teams to define and prioritize high-impact research to improve user experience
* Define and develop quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with cross-functional team members
* Design and conduct studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
* Develop statistical models to understand user experience
* Deliver UX insights that evaluate designs and fuel ideation
* Drive change by communicating research findings that are convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts
* Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, and marketing.
* Conduct holistic analysis of behavior and performance across the entire Indeed ecosystem
* Analyze complex experiments and recommend clear actions with supporting evidence
* Improve Indeed's ability to measure broad impact of changes beyond local effects (i.e. effect on whole flow vs just current page)
* 3+ years of experience in an applied research setting
* MS or Ph.D. in a human behavior-related field (Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Statistics, Behavioral or Microeconomics or other related fields)
* Strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills; you understand how to plan, execute, and analyze experiments in a statistically rigorous way
* Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand, including when to use qualitative research methods
* 2+ years programming experience with either Python or R; familiarity with SQL.
* Excellent grasp of best practices in data visualization to influence decision-making
* Familiar with survey design and
analysis; familiarity with analysis of eye-tracking data is a plus
* Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17