As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
You will love using data and quantitative analysis to shape product development and influence overall strategy. Most importantly, we are looking for a go-getter who is excellent at communicating and partnering closely with senior stakeholders and the leadership team in Google Maps.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Be a thought leader on how to use data to inform the product experience with executive leadership.
- Lead a team of Quantitative UX Researchers, creating actionable insights that inform product development
- Build strong collaboration with Analytics and QuantitativeMarketing teams globally.
- Build a program and discipline around Live Experiments for the UX team.
- Develop new quantitative methods and metrics development that can be replicated across the organization.
- Master’s degree/PhD in computational social sciences (e.g,. Economics, sociology, psychology, decision sciences), statistics, computer science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of industry experience, working on an analytics, data science or product team.
- Experience with designing and analyzing A/B experiments.
- Experience with applied statistical analysis, data extraction (SQL), and scriptinglanguages (Python, Lingo).
- 12years of work experience in a relevant position or industry.
- Experience managing and/or leading quantitative teams.
- Experience collaborating with qualitative UX researchers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills