Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns, with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our clients’ expectations. Key job responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight and coordination for effective and timely resolution of technology related issues across business functions implemented for our Quantitative Strategies investment team.
- Act as a liaison between business and technology organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of the most complex, strategic, corporate-wide business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and technology to drive organizational change and position Wells Fargo Asset Management for the future.
- Act as the highest-level internal consultant within technology and business groups by re-engineering technical processes for greater efficiencies with significant impact to the Quantitative Strategies investment team.
- Provide analysis of the needs of the Quantitative investment team and create requirements and/or work with Technology resources to prioritize and implement solutions needed for the local investment team.
- Coordinate and effectively partner with technology managers and Business Systems Consultants supporting other businesses of the firm.
- Drive for results, conveying a sense of urgency and bringing issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, teamwork and leadership.
- Demonstrate sound decision making which reflects an understanding of the firm’s business and its priorities.
- 10+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 9+ years of experience analyzing requirements and designing new solutions for application and database components
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years direct experience supporting equity investment teams.
- 10+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools.
- 10+ years of technology experience preferably in the investment industry.
- Solid understanding of investment business, processes, and concepts including derivatives, equity and fixed-income instruments and transactions.
- Experience translating business requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience leading and mentoring other business system analysts and/or software developers.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads while remaining focused in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with remote team members across the world and in different time zones.
- Solid project management skills and ability to lead/oversee medium and large-sized initiatives.
- Advanced data mining and analysis skills including ability to write complex database queries.
- Experience with Investment Technology systems such as Advent APX, CRD, and Markit EDM.
- Experience with investment/portfolio analytic tools such as FactSet, and Bloomberg Port.
- Experience with vendor management and working with Financial Market Data providers.
- Ability to work overtime and travel.