Quantitative Developer - Toronto
TORONTOQUANTFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBLaunched in 2014 and based in New York, Clearpool Group, Inc. is an electronic trading software provider and independent agency broker-dealer.
Clearpool’s advanced algorithmic and execution management systems empower market participants toachieve better quality executions in an evolving equity market microstructure and competitive landscape.Our perspective is unique. We understand how the market arrived at where it is today. We have decades of experience in trading, market microstructure, and electronic trading technologies specifically.
We continue to innovate with advancements in technology, whereas less agile players have been forced to maintain legacy technologies built upon antiquated infrastructure.
Our solutions are designed to democratize electronic trading through transparency, trust, and control. We make our clients more productive and put them in control of their outcomes, while helping them achieve better quality executions.
This position is responsible for research and development around algorithm strategies, pricing signals, and TCA for the Canadian Equity Markets.
- Perform quantitative research, analysis and development towards building out Clearpool Group’s electronic/algorithmic execution trading systems for the Canadian Equity Markets.
- Use core statistical and machine learning techniques and knowledge of Canadian equity market structure (and micro-structure) to design new trading algorithms (SOR, DarkAgg, Benchmark Strategies - VWAP, TWAP POV, Arrival Price and Auction, Interlisted Stocks, etc), and continuously improve in iterative versions, with the goal of providing ‘best execution’ on client orders executed on our systems.
- The research tasks require developing research plans, performing extensive data analysis (usually withlarge amounts of data on orders, trades and market data) and documenting outcomes in reports and presentations.
- The development tasks (towards model development, validation and productionizing) require writing robust software using good design principles and following practices like continuous integration for efficient development cycles.
- Bachelor, Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field including Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Operations Research, and related fields.
- 2-5 years of work experience in a similar quantitative analysis/development role.
- Knowledge of Canadian (or other major market) equity market micro-structure, market structure, algorithmic execution strategies and TCA techniques is preferred.
- Strong statistical foundation, with good working knowledge of linear regression, classification, clustering, causal inference, time series, and cross sectional modelling.
- Good object oriented design and programming skills using Java (or C++), with knowledge of using efficient data structures.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and work well in a team environment.
- Experience working with statistical tools including Excel, Tableau, R and Python, and familiarity withdata visualization tools such as ggplot.
- Experience dealing with the challenges of large data sets, especially those related to trading (tick/market data, orders and trades), is a plus.
- Knowledge of JUnit testing, Unix environment, multi-threaded programming, NoSQL databases and AWS is a plus.