RolePoint72 is seeking a Quantitative Developer to join its Portfolio Construction and Analysis (PCA) team within the CIO office.
The PCA team plays a vital role in the Equity L/S business at the firm, collaborating with investment teams to improve net revenue and risk adjusted returns. The Quantitative Developer will build, refine, and maintain an efficient technology infrastructure to enable and support the team’s quantitative research and analytical efforts.
The ideal candidate is a smart, self-driven, and creative problem solver with strong technical and quantitative skills.
- ResponsibilitiesArchitect, build, refine, and increase automation and robustness of the research infrastructure, including data access, risk modeling, and backtesting components
- Collaborate with quant researchers to implement framework for automating and presenting analytics, reports, and monitors
- Collaborate with firm-wide technology teams to deliver analytics and tools to users across the firm
- Desirable CandidatesUndergraduate, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience developing infrastructure to support an investment team
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Solid background in math/statistics/finance and familiarity with quantitative research methodologies and machine learning algorithms
- Understanding of and experience with the data ingestion process
- Ability to contribute to the analytics, quant research, and development process
- Understanding of portfolio construction is a plus
- Knowledge of equities is a plus
- High-energy personality and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of drive – must be a self-starter
- Ability to recognize and seize opportunities
- Depth of skills enabling him/her to perform ad hoc projects and tasks with fast turnover
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity