Develops, proposes and delivers credit risk strategies for consumer lending portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy performance as well as external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for bank portfolio products within the risk taxonomy.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Recognizes risks associated with business activities and aligns with leadership to ensure identified risks are measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops and recommends key work products.
- Recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and implemented.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their work products.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Develops detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict, evaluate and manage the credit risk across various loan portfolios according to operational risk and compliance standards.
- Performs credit risk assessments and recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and implemented.
- Engages with bank leaders to ensure that credit risk policies are aligned with the continually changing credit environment and maintains dialogue with other stakeholders such as Risk and Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 6 or more years credit risk experience in the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and applicable databases
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic)
Job ID R0029829