At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
**Qualified candidates located at/in proximity to a Wells Fargo hub location may be considered**
Wells Fargo Home Lending Capital Markets
Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
Within WFHL Capital Markets, the interest rate risk management team manages the MSR and mortgage pipeline portfolios. The model development team builds models for these activities as well as supports all other Wells Fargo business with mortgage risk exposure in their model development.
The Capital Markets Model Development team is seeking a skilled and experienced Quantitative Analytics Consultant. The QAC hired into this role will be responsible for performing highly complex activities related to complex financial products, business analysis and/or risk modeling.
This QAC requires application of applied mathematics/engineering/analytical modeling to create robust and high performing financial valuation and forecasting solutions. This job requires knowledge of financial products. Successful candidates will understand structured securities, cash flow, credit impacts and may specialize in market and interest rate research; developing modeling systems; and/or high level applications to support real-time trading, deal structuring, research and investment decisions, etc.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advise on or participate in the discussion related to analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Work with traders and portfolio managers to define and prioritize business requirements
- Translate business requirements to practical and well defined research projects
- Implement quantitative models and strategies for Mortgage Servicing Rights, Mortgage Backed Securities and Interest Rate Derivatives using C++
- Perform ongoing maintenance and research on models for risk management of mortgage and fixed-income products
- Develop strategy performance metrics and dashboards
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of recent professional experience in C++ development
- Experience in implementing financial models or quantitative strategies
- Passion for Math and Algorithms
- Experience in more than one programming language
- Experience in a mortgage banking environment
- Understanding of interest rate derivatives models and mortgage analytics
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time