Position Overview :
Client is currently seeking a Quantitative Analysis Sr. to implements tools and methods of risk evaluation and monitoring as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team.
• Data Engineering:
o Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data – XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
o Develop PIG, HIVE scripts to filter/map/aggregate data. Scoop to transfer data to and from Hadoop.
o Manage and implement data processes (Data Quality reports)
• Analysis and Modeling:
o Perform R&D and exploratory analysis using statistical techniques and machine learning clustering methods to understand data.
o Develop data profiling, deduping logic, matching logic for analysis
o Big Datalanguages such as R, Python, Spark for analytics and developing dashboards
• Lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team comprised of IT and Business
• Train and mentor staff on Hadoop, R, Python, Spark and otherBig Datalanguages
• Present ideas and recommendations on Hadoop and othertechnologies best use to management
• 5+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
• 3+ years of programming experience in at least 2 - R, Python, Spark, Java for data processing and analysis.
• Use of analytical and statistical functions (Standard deviation, decision trees) is preferred.
• Strong SQL experience is a must
• 2+ years of experience – using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field