Quant Developer (Python required)
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Develop and maintain in-house Python applications and libraries for data management, quantitative investment research and portfolio management. Special emphasis is placed on using Open Source libraries and components as much as possible. The successful candidate should have a solid education in computer science and experience with using currently available Python libraries. He/she should be passionate about designing good structure and writing good code. He/she should be plugged-in to the Python community and resourceful in identifying open-source libraries that can enhance Mizuho Alternative Investment's (MAI’s) technology and process.
- Comment the code extensively. Come up with formal documentation, use examples and test cases.
- Ensure uniform design philosophy across libraries.
- Write library extensions to accomplish complex data manipulation tasks
- Improve library performance. Update database connectivity layer.
- Work with in-house IT team to improve database and other infrastructures
Required Python proficiencies include: Pandas, Numpy, database libraries such as SQLAlchemy, and unittest.
- Advanced degree in CS/IT or relevant working experience
- Solid understanding of CS foundation
- 3 +years professional experience with Python.
Hands-on experience in
- Coding in Python
- Object oriented programming and design
- Handling time series data
- Database and SQL
- Familiar with both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with GIT source control system
- Experiences in writing unit test cases
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Deciphering other people’s code
- Knowledge of development best practices
Personal skills and competences
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people
- Ability to act as a team player and work independently in a global enterprise
- Good inter-personal communication skill