You will be part of our test automation department, and will contribute to reinforce the quality standards at Lightspeed regarding our products and modules. Building reusable frameworks, participate in the technology development of our internal test automation solutions.
What youll be responsible for:
- Play a key role in the efforts of keeping product quality to the highest standards, making sure our customers have the best user experience.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Report to the test automation lead and have frequent interactions with developers, quality specialists, product managers.
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What youll be bringing to the team:
- Minimum of 3 years of development of automated test scripts in Python (preferably) or JAVA/C(++,#)/JS. (The entrance exam will be in Python+Pytest)
- Minimum of 3 years Active collaboration in the development of Automation Test frameworks for Back End and FE applications
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on Linux-based systems
- Minimum of 2 years of professional working experience with at least one of the following version control systems: SVN, GIT, Mercurial, and/or Bazaar
- Minimum of 3 years of Solid experience with Selenium, and Web technologies in general (HTTP, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML)
- Professional experience with Bash, Docker, MySQL
- Working Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Buddy, Bamboo, and/or CircleCI
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation, and release decisions.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with security testing tools
- Experience with testing complex database systems
- Experience with testing iOS and macOS applications
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, and load testing of cloud-based systems.
- Experience with payment processing systems.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and tools (Google Cloud, AWS, Dockers, and Kubernetes).
- Experience as a Senior Quality Assurance professional
- Hands-on experience with JS modules and frameworks such as React, Angular and testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Storybook or Enzyme
- Intermediate experience in reading PHP and JS code
- Working knowledge of hospitality terminology and concepts.
Who you are:
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity and love critical thinkers who raise the bar and elevate their teammates to new heights.
- You are highly analytical with great problem-solving skills.
- You have a natural curiosity and attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.