Quality Systems Management is responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of controlled documentation and supporting systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality systems.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the relevant regulations, standards and operating procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of quality concepts such as: documentation systems, change control and electronic records.
- Works well cross-functionally and has the ability to interpret the requirements as well as educate and influence others on those requirements.
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
This position manages all activities taking place in the Training and Document Control department, including responsibility for accuracy and integrity of the associated systems. The responsibilities of the Training and Document control manager directly affects the ability of the organization to comply with global medical device regulations. Some of the essential functions of this role include:
- Contribute in development of procedures and practices to minimize process times in Training and Document Control as well as provide optimum customer service to all facilities and stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Document Control and Change Management activities and system
- Responsible for maintain the integrity of the Training system, including the oversite and development of training curriculums and programs
- Creation, revision control, retrieval, approval routing, and distribution for all manufacturing procedures, quality procedures, product drawings, departmental procedures, quality forms, and company policies in accordance with Document and Data Control requirements
- Liase with other Change Management/Training teams and IT departments to maintain the change management and training processes and tools, and to participate in improvement efforts
- Coach staff to leverage their strengths and develop their functional and managerial skills and attract, select and retain the best people to achieve business goals
- Manage expenses to remain within current