This position serves to provide technical support to a manufacturing area, Laboratories or product line. This support includes quality systems, metallurgical practice determination, product and process improvement, product and process development, customer technical service, product testing, inspection and general area leadership. This position provides high level technical knowledge and plant wide leadership for metallurgical understanding of critical processes or products identified as core competencies for Davenport Works. This position may be called upon to support like technologies across Arconic. The core competencies to be supported at this level have been identified as: 1) Casting, 2) Rolling, 3) Heat Treatment, 4) USI, 5) Laboratory Technology 6) Lubricant Technology 7) Heat Treated Plate Products, 8) Heat Treated Sheet Products, 9) Common Alloy Products, 10) Quality Systems/Process Management, and 11) Customer Field Support. Major activities and deliverables: Environmental, health, and safety (EHS): This position is expected to fully support Davenport Work’s EHS policies and programs. This is to be accomplished by staying current on required training, being responsible for one’s own safety, helping enforce safe work practices in the mill and ensuring that those under their mentorship are properly trained. Arconic Business Systems (ABS): This position is expected to understand how ABS principles apply to their area of competency and apply those principles in solving problems and deploying solutions. In particular, the position is expected to understand the problem solving process and process management systems. ABS and Technical Leadership: • Supports process and product improvement initiatives utilizing the appropriate quality and ABS tools within a manufacturing area. • Supports and may lead quality system activities within a manufacturing or product area. • Provides support in capability and compliance technical audits. • Provides minimal prioritization of work. Quality Assurance Leadership: • Ensures that quality systems in their area are performing correctly and reacts to exceptions, especially systems and processes impacting product integrity. • Helps maintain critical processes. Depending on candidate experience, this position may be filled at a higher job band.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in Quality systems and/or metallurgical engineering
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory role
- Minimum of three years quality systems management experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 10+ years manufacturing quality experience
- Experience working with 3rd party auditors, external customers and managing internal controls
- Experience with ISO/AS/TS Specifications and system implementation