Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra’s cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Quality Systems Engineer
The Quality System Engineer leads all technical support for the Manufacturing/Quality System (SAP MES), (QA App), Arena, and other systems; leads implementation of automatic dashboard to reflect data and sustainment of production manufacturing processes. Leads the development of Manufacturing/Quality System launch, conducts tests and troubleshoots system problems that impact process, quality, and run-time. The Engineer composes solutions and consults with IT Team to drive improvement. Documents the results. The Engineer will drive resolution of any system issues in an efficient manner. Solves routine technical problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually identify and troubleshoot factory system problems to minimize down time and implement solutions then verify effectiveness.
- Lead and support to closely work with IT Team to understand “Shop Floor Data Collection” requirement for Manufacturing to set/delivery spec with Software Vendor to customize SAPME (MES) then develop QA work instruction (basic functionalities).
- Serves as a Subject Master Expert on all Quality System (RFID Scan, CAPA, Tableau Dashboard report, Label printer, MES, and QM App Functions) to support Components (Wall, Floor, Truss Line), monitor and work with IT to implement, configurate, and update system (routing and process flow) including validation/verification to ensure system meet end user requirements.
- Performs internal revisions and improvements to system methods and procedures, including the writing change orders and deviations if/when needed.
- Performs time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Performs hands on training of manufacturing & quality employees on new system functions, routing, and process revisions. Train Quality Tech and Quality System Tech on Quality system reports (ARENA, CAPA, Components, Finishes, Truss, SAP, IQA, and etc.) and all Quality Department members on MFG/Quality System functions.
- Monitor and Validate Daily/Weekly/Quarterly/Project Quality Reports (Components, Finishes, Truss, Safety, CAPA, Downtime, NTA, and DMR) which includes top defects, defect photos, FPY, and LF to present in meetings per schedule for product and process improvement.
- Analyze Customer Feedback using Shop Floor Data Collection from QM App to investigate with QE Team to validate PDF drawing and spec compliance to close all identified issues. Define, develop, and implement Quality System Engineering strategies, to contribute to Manufacturing & Quality strategic directions
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or completely re-engineering of processes and systems) promote and support Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement activities in Manufacturing.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related field and 5 years of related quality systems experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly experienced in systematic aptitude, system technical skills, process map, basic math, drawing, and problem-solving skill are desired
- Understand system process and ability to generate dashboards and system configuration based on the process flow.
- Ability to complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision/guidance and handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Hard working, highly flexible, able to change direction quickly, adaptive, results-oriented, passionate, off shift and on call to support system
- A self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an organizationally young entrepreneurial environment.
- Exemplifies Katerra Cultural and People Principles.
This position requires off-shift support from 6:00AM-11:00PM including weekend.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.