My client offers a compelling value proposition for anyone who is interested in a fast-paced work environment where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow professionally. My client is the only tire manufacturing plant in North America for Cllient and is its flagship production facility. Competitive pay and benefits along with shift schedules that offer a greater work/life balance are just a few of our attractive features. At my client, you also have the opportunity to work in a world-class, state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, environmentally conscious production facility located within an easy commute of metropolitan Atlanta and Chattanooga.
My client is currently looking for a Quality Systems Coordinator. This role is responsible for coordinating all the quality systems-related activities within the QA Department in support of the QA mission to improve the quality of products through focused process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create, implement, administer and maintain all the SOPs for the my client facility by coordinating efforts between departments. Ensure that all documents have proper controls in the facility in accordance with applicable quality management systems.
• Responsible for monitoring and managing portions of the quality management system including, but not limited to, Internal Corrective Actions (ICAR), Management of Change (MOC), Translated Document Tracking, etc.
• The incumbent takes the lead in understanding and completing actions ensuring a robust supplier quality system.
• Responsible for the development and execution of training plans relating to the applicable quality management systems. This includes executive management, facility management, individual training requirements, internal auditor training, etc.
• Responsible for the management of all certification activities. This includes, but is not limited to, TS16949, IATF 16949, JMAC, VDA, CQC, ECE, etc.
• Coordinates the activities related to the Quality Management System (QMS) with shop floor personnel.
• Plays leadership role in promoting an atmosphere of continuous improvement with both quality technicians and production technicians.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferred; and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Has experience as a Quality Management Representative (QMR).