Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems, Inc. is a leading supplier of engineering, technical and manufacturing services related to suborbital rocket vehicles for a range of applications including ballistic missile defense system testing and advanced research and development. The Quality System Manager is responsible for the execution and maintenance of the enterprise Quality Management System (QMS), incorporating ISO 9001 and AS9100. The Quality System Manager must have relevant experience managing a rigorous quality program for product design and manufacturing, as well as technical services. The Quality System Manager should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate quality concepts and performance requirements to co-workers on a regular basis.
Essential Duties -
- Manages all aspects of enterprise QMS, including hardware and software related products
- Implements, coordinates, and monitors all ISO9001 / AS9100 activities as required
- Schedules, initiates and executes internal QMS audits
- Identifies and implements corrective actions as required to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and working instructions
- Provides regular program status reporting and recommendations to Senior Management
Other Job Functions -
- Responsible for maintenance of all QMS documentation
- Interacts with personnel to ensure proper interpretation and implementation of processes and procedures
- Develops and establishes appropriate training programs supporting the QMS
- Performs supplier/vendor surveys as necessary to assess quality standards
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Must have a BA/BS or higher degree in business, operations management, engineering, or science.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. (An advanced MS/MA/MBA or higher degree may be substituted for five years of overall experience.)
- Direct experience executing to a standardized quality system such as ISO9001 or AS9100.
- Experience in interfacing directly with designated customer and vendor representatives is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible for a DoD Secret clearance.