Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analogsemiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler and voted as the best company to work for in Arizona, is a leading semiconductor manufacturer with approximately 15,000 employees worldwide. Major design centers are located throughout U.S., Europe, and Asia with manufacturing primarily located in the US and Thailand.
Career Opportunities - One of Microchip's Guiding Values is "Employees Are Our Greatest Strength". We design jobs and provide opportunities promoting employee teamwork, productivity, creativity, and pride in work, trust, integrity, fairness, and involvement. We base recognition, advancement and compensation on an employee's achievement of excellence in team and individual performance.
We are looking to hire a well-qualified individual who is passionate about quality assurance for Web application development. The candidate will work closely with project managers, business analysts, and developers for various products used by Microchip WW employees.
The candidate will work withinternal teams to understand, define and document QA requirements. The candidate will also perform and maintain quality assurance for all aspects of a product including validating functionality and usability based on provided functional specs. The candidate will use test automation software to create automation test suites. Major responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Participate in analysis and validation from functional requirements
• Develop and execute automated test scripts, tests plans using Test automation software/tools.
• Apply QA fundamentals and perform Functional testing and regression testing. Other types of testing may include performance testing, and data validation
• Utilize testing tools for defect logging and maintaining test suite
• Knowledge/experience in creating, managing, and maintaining automated testing scripts is a plus
• Document and communicate test results to project managers and development team
• Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Utilize Microsoft TFS for defect logging and creating and maintaining test artifacts (test plans, test cases and defects)
• Expertise in test automation using Selenium
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to document and communicate test results to project managers and development team
• Capability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proficiency in analyzing requirements, functional specs, and technical specs
Core Competencies Required:
• Quality Assurance:
The candidate must be well-organized to assist QA projects of various sizes, and detail-oriented to perform QA tasks at different levels. Ambitious with ability to work on own initiative within agreed guidelines. Capability to multi-task and prioritize is desirable.
• Technical Knowledge:
Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Knowledge or experience in test automation software like Selenium is desirable
Knowledge and experience in relational database (like Oracle), SQL queries, and programming languages (like ASP.NET) are desirable.
• Problem Solving:
The candidate must have the ability to study current practices, think outside the box, and foster creative analysis to complex problems.
• Verbal/Written Communication:
The candidate must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. He/she should be able to contribute in group meetings, good verbal and written communication skills in order to document and communicate test results to project managers and development team
• Teamwork and Culture:
The candidate must be culturally compatible with Microchip’s values based structure and style and must be able to work in a collaborative environment with both individual and team decision making. He/she needs to be proactive, customer-oriented, and be able to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic and cross-functional environment. He/she should have well developed emotional intelligence in the key areas of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.