$150K — $200K *
Riverside Health System is now hiring for a full-time Quality and Safety Improvement Director in Newport News, VA! As a Director with Riverside, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative and integrated healthcare team. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned healthcare quality/risk management professional. If loving your work and contributing to a culture where quality patient care comes first is important to you, join the Riverside family.
As a Riverside team member, our benefits have you covered.
Health & Wellness: Medical Plan Options, Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care!), wellness & fitness center discounts, onsite pharmacy and delivery, Riverside services discount, flexible spending and savings accounts and health lifestyle incentives.
Peace of Mind: Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Whole Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Insurance, Pet Insurance, and more.
Financial Support: Student Loan Repayment Program, CEUs through our partnership with MedBridge Education, Immediate Matching 403(b) Savings Plan, Specialty Certification Financial Assistance, Company Wide Bonus Program, Employee Help Fund and more.
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off for full- and part-time team members, extended illness bank, discounted child care (Newport News), Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, area retail discounts, and community involvement opportunities.
The Director Quality and Safety Improvement serves as a highly visible energetic leader and champion for patient safety and team member safety throughout the organization and is responsible for design and implementation of change management and safety improvement methods tools strategies and projects. The Director promotes high reliability for recommended evidence based safety behaviors and practices assuring a focus on people process and technology to improve performance. The Director creates a continuous learning environment focused on patient and team member safety where just culture principles are applied and evident throughout the organization. The Director is a content expert on change management and quality performance and process improvement methods tools and strategies. The Director plans develops and implements improvement projects focused on short and long term improvement is able to scale improvement to impact the health system. Improvement projects and processes include the safety culture survey and action planning the safety event reporting system and improvement priorities identified through safety risk assessments safety event (rCare) data accreditation audits and reports as well as identified organizational priorities. The Director coaches and mentors leaders clinical and non-clinical team members throughout the health system providing direction guidance and leadership for effective change management teamwork and achievement of established goals and objectives. The Director works closely and collaboratively with medical nursing and clinical leadership to implement improvement strategies to continually improve safety; and provides input into the annual safety plan and year end summary report of progress toward goals and related achievements.
- Master's Degree in healthcare, behavioral science or related field strongly preferred and required within five years.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in hospital health care quality, accreditation, safety and/or risk management.
- Experience in project development, project management, change management and strong analytical skills, including data management and data analysis required.
- Knowledge of clinical quality, patient safety and/or patient satisfaction performance measures and indicators, data definitions and sources and relevant national databases and benchmarks; knowledge of healthcare quality, safety and satisfaction data design, collection, aggregation and summarization; and expert knowledge of performance improvement models, methods and systems required.
- Demonstrated leadership on projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to other project team members.
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) strongly preferred, required within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Healthcare Accreditation Certified Professional (HACP), and/or Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP) preferred.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification and experience preferred.
Valid through: 2/21/2021