Quality, Risk, and Safety Director
5 - 7 years experience •
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is looking for a full time Director to work as a leader of our Quality, Risk, and Safety Department of four (4) staff members. 8-hours shifts, five days per week.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements and objectives of NNRH.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orientation, evaluating, disciplinary actions, payroll, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Serve as the lead contact for various surveys and audits, such as The Joint Commission (TJC), OSHA, SAR,s etc..
ABOUT US: At Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital's 75-bed facility, you’re more than just an employee; you’re part of our family. Community population approximately 35,000. We are located at the base of the beautiful Ruby Mountains, elevation level 5,000. www.nnrhospital.com
BENEFITS OVERVIEW: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid basic life and AD&D insurance, Supplemental and Voluntary insurance options, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off/Holidays, tuition reimbursement program, cell phone discounts, and Flexible Health Spending Account/Dependent Care Account options.
Education: Associate’s degree in nursing. Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
Experience: Five years’ experience in quality and risk management in a health care setting. Nursing or health care administration.
Licensure: Nevada licensed Registered Nurse. American Heart Association BLS required upon hire.
Skills: Requires knowledge of department and hospital policies and procedures, OSHA, TJC standards. The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, typed, auditory or visual fashion is essential. The methods used to express or exchange ideas are by spoken, written, or typed words. Written and manual dexterity skills are also required for the position. Ability to assess a variety of complex situations and determine the most effective means to resolve situations. Leadership skills in decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal relations are involved in the daily contacts of working with department directors. Sets the climate for cooperation between co-workers and shifts for a smooth-running operation.