Our team is comprised of creative, self-motivated, hands-on engineers, designers, and technicians. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional Quality Engineer who thrives in an autonomous, creative, high-energy atmosphere. In this role, you will assume overall ownership in ensuring that all products leaving our facility deliver exceptional reliability and performance to our customers. You will contribute to all phases of the product life cycle – from concept through development and into sourcing and manufacture. Our rapid product development pace and custom product activities ensure that there are always exciting new projects to work on. Our products are used as standard equipment on top tier boats throughout the world.
To be considered, the candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field and be able to demonstrate the following attributes, capabilities, and experience:
- Functional understanding of Quality/Reliability best practices, from design to supply chain, to manufacturing, to field return analysis.
- Creating, tracking, and interpreting appropriate companywide quality metrics, and use them to drive continuous improvement in design and other processes.
- Contributing to early-stage product development to ensure quality and reliability in the end product.
- Working with the Engineering team to develop a validation process for a given design and independently provide feedback as to whether the design is acceptable for release and deliverable as promised.
- A proven ability to read and properly interpret engineering drawings.
- Typical quality measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, angle finders, comparators, gage pins, etc.
- Developing and managing a well-documented quality system, including documentation related to first article reports, deviation requests, test summaries, SPC documents, etc.
- Designing and specifying inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment for assessing production and service limitations and recommending revisions as needed.
- Identifying defects in design or manufacturing processes, present root cause and propose potential solutions.
- Investigative and problem solving skills with high priority on attention to details.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicating and resolving quality issues directly with suppliers.
- Creating and executing internal corrective actions and follow up in the execution of supplier corrective actions.
- Microsoft Office, Windows required.
The following attributes are helpful but not required:
- Experience in an AS 9100, ISO 13485 and/or ISO 9000/9001 environment – especially if involved in a company’s implementation and certification processes. Understanding of UL, USCG and FAA quality procedures also beneficial.
- Experience conducting vendor Audits.
- Experience interacting with foreign vendors.
- Familiarity with concepts of Six Sigma.
- CAD experience (esp. SolidWorks).
- Experience with quality aspects applicable to plastics injection molding, casting, machined parts and printed circuit board assemblies.
- Experience contributing to design for reliability excercises.
- Experience in the marine industry.
- Experience maintaining and controlling calibration records and processes.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a related field.
- Experience working in a very fast-paced, responsive, deadline-oriented environment.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
- Are passionate about your work and prefer to avoid big company bureaucracy, politics, and other hurdles to bringing great products to market very quickly.
- Are highly creative, and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
- Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
- Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
- Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
- Love boating.