The Quality Process Manager develops, implements, and coordinates quality assurance programs to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through cooperation with Director and plant management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs proactive assessments and recommends risk mitigation strategies through collaboration with plant management teams and direct observation of process controls at manufacturing locations.
• Provides onsite support to plant Quality Managers regularly, reviews technical problems, and implements solutions through collaboration with Quality Director.
• Ensures consistent implementation of preventive measures for issues that arise related to sanitation, allergen management, aseptic processing and filling, regulatory and customer requirements, product commercialization and customer complaints.
• Analyzes company metrics and reports emerging trends, recommended corrective measures and implementation strategy to senior management.
• Assists Quality Director in establishing company policies, operational procedures and goals.
• Provides support and where appropriate, leads root cause analysis exercises for complicated issues arising in the division or at manufacturing locations.
• Implements best practice sharing and standardization initiatives within division across multiple manufacturing locations.
• Acts as subject matter expert in tools and software utilized in manufacturing locations to assist in troubleshooting and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Drives a culture of proactive quality and continual process improvement.
Education and Experience:
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience in manufacturing.
• Four-year degree required. Preferably a BS in Food Science, Dairy Science, or related sciences.
• Strong verbal & written skills.
• Strong presentation delivery skills (written & delivery).
• Strong interpersonal skills with a customer orientation (internal & external).
Skills and Competencies:
• Customer focus.
• Job Knowledge.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Problem Solving.
• Statistical Process Control.
• Results Focused.
• Sense of Urgency.
• Quality and Continuous Improvement.
• Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory.