Quality & Patient Safety Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more. With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
The Manager of Quality/Patient Safety is responsible for the design, development and implementation of policies, procedures, processes and systems that enable staff and department managers to maintain and/or improve the quality of care and ultimately patient care outcomes. The position further exists to provide coordination and organizational support for patient safety initiatives by identifying and implementing risk reduction strategies. This leadership role will direct others within the facility towards process improvements that will support the reduction of medical/health care errors and other factors that may contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. The primary expectation is to improve patient care outcomes by applying improvement methodology to quality initiatives and/or priorities that have been identified by hospital leadership and/or clinicians to achieve organizational strategic quality/patient safety goals In addition, the Manager will have primary oversight of the medical staff services program.
The manager has primary management responsibility for planning, directing, facilitating, and evaluating the following functional areas within Abbott Northwestern:
- ? Quality Management
- ? Data Measurement & Analysis
- ? Medical Staff Office &
- ? Peer Review/Medical Staff Quality Program
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health care related field, masters preferred.
Quality or risk management certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of healthcareexperience in an organizational leadership role with experience in quality improvement and change management.
- Experience working with accreditation/ regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Knowledge of patient safety standards, Joint Commission standards, & risk management.
- Strong understanding of performance improvement methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Interdisciplinary leadership and communication skills.
- Previous experience in training quality principles.
- Strong experience with data preparation, analysis, and display.
- Previous experience and accountability for regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates ability to provide interdisciplinary leadership to ensure regulatory compliance and quality improvement goals are met.