SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Quality Manager is responsible for providing Quality Assurance leadership for our Mequon, WI Operations team. The Quality Manager will direct the activities of Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Manufacturing Associates in regards to quality control, financial performance, human resource issues, facility needs, customer order requirements, and preparation of the annual operating business plan. Supports Plant Manager in development of the manufacturing plan and long term strategy.
- Prioritization, scheduling and delegation of work assignments and management of the Operations Quality Engineering staff within Mequon Operations to ensure the timely and cost-effective completion of all work and projects assigned to the department.
- Ensuring the quality of materials purchased, processed, manufactured and distributed by the organization throughout the assembly facilities.
- Planning, establishing, directing and co-coordinating the local quality assurance procedures required to maintain an ISO9001 quality management system to meet corporate quality policies.
- Manage the development of Standard Operating Procedures in order to drive quality in the processes of the operations.
- Ensure the relevant metrics are in place to mitigate non-conformances, and monitor & drive solutions.
- Plan, define, monitor and improve the quality goals and targets for product partners worldwide.
- Ensure Customer Quality issues on matters related to customer satisfaction and overall product quality. Drive post shipment customer product quality issue resolution.
- Ensure that product Quality and Reliability meets the needs of the marketplace and are properly identified, defined, and implemented in new products.
- Develop Reliability programs that improve the design and performance of products. Activities to begin with new product design and continue reliability growth through the life of the product.
Analyze & evaluate customer feedback to drive resulting improvements - Voice of Customer (VOC) into Business Units.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering/Technology or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years in quality engineering, engineering or manufacturing.
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 10+ years in quality engineering, engineering or manufacturing preferred.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly experience.
- Multi-language skills an asset.
- Experience managing teams.
- Strong background in the quality disciplines, including statistics, is preferred.
- Membership of relevant Quality organizations will be considered an asset.
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMABlack Belt, CQM, AQE is desired.
- Experience in root cause problem solving, 8D methodology, statistical process control, Voice of Process (VOP) data analysis.
- MBA will be considered an asset.