This position reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for the support of the organization in new product qualifications, ISO systems support, Corrective and Preventive Action resolution and overall Quality Improvement.
- Supports implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001-2015 based quality system;
- Leads inspection effort on new products, supporting ramp-up with detailed inspections and shifting toward process/product auditing as product reaches production rates;
- Prepares and revises quality plans, inspection checklists, quality instructions and forms;
- Trains inspectors and production operators in basic measurement and inspection tasks;
- Creates and implements charts for tracking key product/process data;
- Establishes receiving inspection requirements, and carries out or oversees inspections;
- Maintains material certification and receiving inspection records;
- Works with Purchasing in handling of supplier evaluations and non-conformances;
- Conducts FAI’s for new tooling and parts, which may include CMM and GDT;
- Identifies and investigates non-conformances. Prepares NCRs and helps implement Corrective/Preventive Action. Plays active role in continuous improvement;
- Performs or coordinates instrument calibrations, maintains calibration system records;
- Conducts and/or coordinates various product qualification tests;
- Supports Engineering Change Order implementation and configuration management;
- Administers document control system, including releasing and archiving documents;
- Special Projects as assigned
Education / Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or similar technical field required, ASQ certification is a plus
- Training in field of quality, such as SPC, Metrology, and Internal Auditing.
- Requires experience in composites (FRP) manufacturing.
- Minimum experience in manufacturing quality of 5+ years.
- Experience with ISO 9001 certification highly desirable.
- Able to understand and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands principles of metrology and calibration.
- Capable of performing advanced math and statistical calculations.
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Able to perform inspection tasks requiring visual acuity, color matching and sound-noise evaluation.
- Capable of lifting items weighing 40lbs
- Able to work on ladders, decks, scaffolds, and inside and around products being built.
- Must be willing to travel 25-50%
- Strong 3-D modelling CAD, and/or 3D tracker/CMM experience (Verisurf or equivalent)
- Analytical capabilities to help carry workload for internal and customer required report preparation.