Quality Manufacturing Engineer for our client in the Salem, NH Area
The Quality/ Manufacturing Engineer will ensure product quality, performing incoming inspection, working with vendors, and developing robust manufacturing and test processes.
- Perform incoming mechanical inspection and work with vendors to correct non-conforming material.
- Work with the Material Review Board (MRB) to resolve nonconformance dispositions.
- Measure and improve manufacturing, supplier, and outgoing product quality levels.
- Design, and implement quality control / assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Apply sound, systematic, problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and resolving quality issues.
- Develop, refine and document Quality plans for new products, supplier processes, Test and Inspection processes.
- Perform sustaining manufacturing engineering activity providing support to production and other departments.
- Develop and maintain assembly work instructions and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Assist in the transition of products from Research and Development to Manufacturing.
- Work with R&D to provide input and guidance to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Generate detailed ECR/ECO's to correct existing drawings, and bill of materials to ensure accurate documentation. Update documentation as needed.
- Design and develop mechanical and electromechanical fixtures to manufacture products.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines and bring assignments to successful completion.
- Proficient performing mechanical inspection using measurement tools and methods.
- 6+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (in a small business < 200 employees)
- Experience in electromechanical assemblies, pneumatics, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and machining of plastics & metals.
- Experienced reading, reviewing and correcting Engineering Drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be CAD proficient, SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Hands on knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, ProfitKey preferred.
BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
ASQ certified Quality Engineer desired/a plus
ISO 9001 Quality Systems.