As a Quality Manager at our Wooster facility, this role is responsible for assuring that the facility meets all standards while continually improving the quality of products and reducing manufacturing costs. The position requires interaction with customers, suppliers, purchasing, sales, manufacturing, and auditors in order to drive continual improvement throughout the operation while at the same time reducing PPM defects in the supply base, internally and at the customer base. The Quality Manager is a senior member of the facility staff that demonstrates leadership with regards to all quality and non-quality related tasks. Mentoring, coaching and driving the Worthington Philosophy throughout all levels of the facility is imperative.
- Ensure facility compliance to standards: ensure compliance to all domestic and international codes, standards, and regulations (i.e. ASME, API)
- Management and leadership of quality group: responsible for hiring, training, developing and supervising the quality department.
- Lead the facility in reducing total PPM (parts per million) defects: responsible for leading the facility in reducing supplier, internal (scrap/rework) and customer PPM defects.
- Management of Quality System: responsible for implementing, developing, auditing, maintaining and improving the facility quality system, Worthington quality systems and customer related quality systems.
- Cost Reduction: involved with initiatives to reduce costs associated with materials, products, processes and any other related area of waste in the facility.
- Customer and supplier liaison: interacts with customers and suppliers in order to eliminate defects, improve products and reduce costs.
- Leadership: provide leadership and guidance to facility management team in order to drive continual improvement in the facility.
- Safety: actively participate in facility safety initiatives.
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Strong multi-tasking skills (ability to work in a fast paced environment)
- Quality system knowledge including ISO, ASME Section VIII Div.1, API preferred
- Knowledge and experience in non-destructive testing methods (including Radiography preferred)
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Methodology
- Strong Leadership and management capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business related field
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing/quality experience
- CQM (Certified Quality Manager) status through ASQ (American Society for Quality) is a plus!
Bachelors in Quality Engineering or Business
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.