General Summary: Effectively manage the quality function, including in-process, final, and layout inspection. Oversee all departmental activities to achieve cost, productivity, safety, and quality objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Quality function in the facility
· Prioritize layout work load
· Direct final and in process inspection activities
· Ensure accurate Design of Experiments, Capability Studies, Gage R&R, etc.
· Ensure customer quality issues are resolved through plant staff in a timely manner.
· Report on Quality Performance data during scheduled management reviews.
· Provide department leadership which supportsstrategic initiatives
· Provide mentoring and coaching for department
· Create a culture which promotes a team environment
· Guide and motivate leads to achieve the goals and objectives of the department
· Conduct and review Performance Appraisal/Evaluations and manage performance issues for direct reports
· Address employee relations issues in a timely manner
· Determine staffing levels
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience within a manufacturing setting
- Must have previous Plastics industry experience
- Understanding/working knowledge of the ISO Quality System
- Previous Corrective Action experience