Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Quality Manager for our Big Creek WRF project, in Roswell, GA.
The Quality Inspector I ensures that construction works comply with the quality requirements of the contracts including inspection, material testing and documentation.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Quality champion for a project or multiple projects, responsible for the quality management duties including quality of the works, material management, documentation and close-out to ensure safe, quality, efficient, effective and profitable project execution.
- Coaches, mentors and trains entire project staff in quality management principles, procedures and project-specific requirements. Serves as mentor and coach to Quality staff to advance their careers at Walsh and improve retention.
- Responsible for leading and managing quality processes such as work planning, pre-activity meetings, material management, Quality Incident Reports, Lesson Sharing and follow-up inspections.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as QIRs for project teams to ensure continuous improvement. Analyzes project KPIs, evaluates trends and provides improvement strategies.
- Routinely audits project quality programs seeking continuous improvement utilizing Project QC Evaluation and other auditing tools. Provides feedback to Operations and Quality Management of major QIRs, project team relationships, owner/client perceptions, and overall quality management recurring non-conformances
- Directs inspection, testing and documentation of the works. Schedules inspection and testing with coordination between operations, consultants, material laboratories and Client.
- Creates and implements project specific inspection and test plans, quality control plans and other procedures as necessary. Additionally, supports with material specification review such as concrete mix design, thermal control and other quality specialized elements.
- Responsible for risk management strategy that helps projects improve profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
- Maintains relationships with owners, Clients, subcontractors, design partners and stakeholders to support project partnering and issue resolution
- Supports Site Safety to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety procedures, requirements and goals.
- Monitors project quality costs including resources while working to better as-bid budgets. Provides feedback to optimize project billing returns, risk reporting and testing accuracy, while protecting Walsh from claim exposure. Monitors and reports rework costs via QIR system.
- 5-7 years of experience in QA/QC.
- Industry certifications as required to conduct testing and inspection.
- Bachelors Degree
- Good communication skills, ability to learn on the job and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of standards, specifications and publications of job related duties.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to transport under 50 pounds.