Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce critical flight safety components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Based in Windsor, CT, Triumph employs approximately 160 personnel. The Company’s key products and services include design, development, manufacture and support of highly engineered mechanical actuation and components for fixed wing and rotary commercial and military aircraft and military systems.
We are looking for a Quality Manager whose main responsibility would be managing quality planning to ensure regulatory and process compliance and the technical integrity of products are executed to the high standards required by the aerospace industry. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are non-negotiable skills for this role. Exceptional management skills, approachability, clarity in giving direction and delegating responsibilities, and an ability to see the big picture will ensure success in this position.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer communication.
- Lead and manage the Quality staff including Quality Engineering and Inspection supervision, ensuring their continuous development and building a collaborative team environment.
- Drive standards and requirements to Quality Engineering team to ensure site goals and performance metrics are attained.
- Reviews and prepares actions (e.g. PPAP and Site Audits) to comply with customer requirements.
- Provide guidance and share best practices to the Quality team.
- Investigate, determine root cause, initiate permanent corrective action and document customer issues and escapes as they arise (e.g., RCCA, 8D problem solving, PFMEA, 5 why, etc.).
- Assess and implement the appropriate data analysis, quality methods, inspection criteria and procedures to ensure the technical integrity of our quality processes and results.
- Supports and drives supplier development
- Develops collaborative and formal partnerships with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Program Management and Materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred.
- 8 plus years of Manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience in Aerospace or other complex manufacturing industry with exacting/demanding requirements and a minimum of 6 years experience as a Quality Manager
- Strong skills in FMEA, PPAP, RCCA, HR&R, 5Y and 8D.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Experience with quality management systems compliant with AS9100 and knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Report requirements.
- Experience with Program Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Leads by example.
- Ensure the sites Quality organization is a full partner in driving company execution and improving site operations.
- Establish and drive Quality initiatives that advance improvement in both delivery and cost and ultimately support the sites’ strategy aligned to Corporate Core Value Drivers and Business Unit / OpCo level KPIs.
- Quality Resource Management and succession planning.