- Develop and maintain Food Safety & Quality Assurance programs including, but not limited to: Formula Control, Allergen Control, Non-Conforming, Recall, Sanitation Effectiveness, Environmental Monitoring Organic, Pest Control and Food Safety Plans.
- Manage, develop, coach and mentor Quality Assurance and Sanitation leaders/supervisors.
- Support Baked Goods division and corporate quality goals. Including implementation and compliance of initiatives at the facility.
- Identify necessary professional and technical training for food safety and quality staff.
- Ensure plant procedures are implemented to enhance Raw/RTE product separation including but not limited to: traffic patterns for employees, supplies, and equipment. Physical separations, employee identification, employee uniforms are in place.
- Ensure maintenance of and compliance to the Food Safety plan including preventive controls. Including verification, deviation tracking and annual validation of the plan.
- Support validated lethality process work and ongoing validation as a process preventive control as part of the Food Safety Plan.
- Maintains Quality Module and Inspection Characteristics in JDE system, assuring new workflows are executed timely and accurately.
- Ensure dynamic relationship with company identified vendors including chemical and pest control providers.
- Establish plant operating and capital budgets for quality. Responsible for identifying projects that impact quality and food safety and are part of the facility capital plan.
- Assure implementation and utilization of SPC system, including Infinity QS, which will allow for real time process control and data driven decision making by operators.
- Manage consumer complaints, establish trending, implement corrective actions and respond appropriately to all investigation requests.
- Manage quality incidents and establish corrective actions utilizing Simple Root Cause (SRC) and RCA tools.
- Support implementation of and ongoing execution of TMOS (Treehouse Management Operating Structure) and Treehouse 2020 initiatives.
- Serve as facility regulatory lead on interaction with Local, State and FDA authority.
- Manage Hygienic Restorations events including corrective actions, effect on production, disposition of finished product and startup requirements.
- Assure implementation and compliance of TreeHouse policies and procedures.
- Implement TreeHouse weight control policy and other cost saving initiatives.
- Lead, support and maintain facility GFSI Certification (BRC).
- Lead, support and maintain facility Kosher and RSPO certifications.
- Effectively interface with internal stakeholders; Sales, Marketing and Commercialization team.
- Support needs of external customers as needed.
- Interface and support R&D initiatives to ensure commercialization aligns with plant capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with standard food industry and TreeHouse Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Other duties/assignments as requested by supervisor/management.
Skills, Experience and Education:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented and have successful experience in supervising, leading, and training employees.
- Must be able to work well with others and have good communication skills.
- Direct experience with GFSI certification schemes (SQF, BRC, etc.) is required.
- Must have ability to coach and train on food safety and sanitary related programs.
- Efficient computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Sharepoint preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Required – Type: Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience: Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition or related field is preferred
- Certification/Licensure Preferred for Job: HACCP or PCQI Certification
Minimum Experience Preferred:
Minimum of five years' experience in Food Manufacturing, Food Safety, Quality or Operations.
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Also, the employee may be required to lift up to 30lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Requirements: Occasional, up to 15%
We are an equal opportunity employer.