- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Ensure product and process compliance to customer and TS 16949 requirements.
- Support corporate in standardization activities.
- Provide direction and leadership to department colleagues consistent with plant business plan goals.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Direct the utilization of and participate in problem solving methods for related plant and customer problems / issues.
- Serve as driver and coordinator for internal quality systems audits and corresponding corrective action and improvement activities.
- Create an environment conducive to the maintenance of high quality standards.
- Oversee department manning levels and assure compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
- Provide key input into the development of the plant''s strategic business plan along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the business plan goals.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategy and goals along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the goals.
- Use company metric format to effectively track monitor and implement required corrective/improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc
- Develop and drive implementation of a progressive quality system to prevent defects and exceed customer expectations and achieve customer/quality awards (ex. TS 16949, Q1, etc.).
- Develop and drive implementation of all quality policies and required operating procedures and work instructions.
- Oversee the activities of required customer actions to assure timely and proper responses.
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain Level II (operating procedures) and Level III (work instructions) documentation as required with appropriate input.
- Oversee proper and timely quality related participation in advanced product and process planning activities (i.e.; Planning, Control Plans, Capability Studies, PPAP, etc.)
- Represent the company during customer visits and surveys, and during meetings and presentations at the customer''s location.
- Receive and disseminate information from the customer requirements.
- Assure the correct use of inspection equipment and data gathering / analysis, and whenever possible utilize latest technology applications.
- Maintain a current knowledge of quality assurance and control techniques.
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the department.
- Assist as required in plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals for the plant and the customer.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the entire work team.
- Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in the performance of daily activities and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Maintenance and Engineering. Interfaces on an as needed basis with Maintenance, Human Resources, Accounting, IT and corporate functions.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises the Quality Department.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering, Management or Business, appropriate ASQC certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years as a quality assurance manager or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of quality tools, practices, systems and corresponding integration.
- Excellent procedure development and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive quality and operating techniques into applications and results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Good working knowledge of customer required software (ex. Powerway, etc.).
- Familiar with GD&T.
- Familiar with PPAP, APQP, TS and other customer specific requirements.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.