The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing, coordinating, and improving NA OE quality systems. This will be done by providing technical support (training and facilitating) to company staff and plants to ensure compliance to internal and external customer requirements, with emphasis on continuous improvement in product quality, cost and customer satisfaction. In addition, this position will be responsible for follow up and corrective action coordination of all customer related quality issues for their specific customer team.
- Training and Developing: Lead and organize formal/informal problem solving in areas of scrap, process capability warranty, etc. Provide training in quality systems and related areas such as APQP, BOS, Problem Solving, Statistical Process Control, Gage R&R and DOE
- Customer Support: Support compliance with external customer requirements, including customer visits. Interface with design/process engineering, purchasing, manufacturing plants and customer on new product/process launches
- System Support: Conduct system and product audits. Assist in maintenance of QS-9000 and ISO14001 certification. Coordinate/facilitate continuous improvement in system compliance, product quality, customer satisfaction, cost of quality, etc.
- Communication/Reporting: Provide risk assessment to Plant Manager, Business Unit and Director of Quality on customer design/quality issues. Submit monthly plant PPM performance to Direct of Quality. Coordinate corrective action responses to the customer.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, statistics, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Five years experience in automotive quality, preferably manufacturing related
- Strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of automotive OE quality systems/requirements preferred
- ASQ certified quality engineer, certified quality auditor preferred
- Experience with QS9000 (PPAP, APQP, FMEA, etc.)
- Knowledge of SPC, DOE, and GD&T.
- Strong training skills
- Good computer skills
- Excellent problem solver – understanding of 8-D methodology