Tracking Code 178653-846Job Description
The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing, coordinating, and improving aftermarket quality systems. This will be done by providing technical support (training and facilitating) to company staff and the plant to ensure compliance to internal and external customer requirements, with emphasis on continuous improvement in product quality, cost and customer satisfaction. In addition, this position will be responsible for follow up and corrective action coordination of all quality issues for their specific customer team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Acumen: Manage the Quality System through the utilization of continuous improvement to facilitate processes and products compliant with automotive industry standards, customer specific requirements, and corporate quality initiatives.
- Training and Developing: Lead and organize formal/informal problem solving in areas of scrap, process capability warranty, etc. Provide training in quality systems and related areas such as APQP, BOS, Problem Solving, Statistical Process Control, Gage R&R and DOE
- Customer Support: Support compliance with external customer requirements, including customer visits. Interface with design/process engineering, purchasing, manufacturing plants and customer on new product/process launches. Ensures that customer requirements are addressed.
- System Support: Conduct system and product audits. Assist in maintenance of ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001 certification. Coordinate/facilitate continuous improvement in system compliance, product quality, customer satisfaction, cost of quality, etc.
- Communication/Reporting: Provide risk assessment to Plant Manager, Business Unit and Director of Quality on customer design/quality issues. Submit monthly plant PPM performance to Direct of Quality. Coordinate corrective action responses to the customer.
- Team Leadership: Support and develop Quality Engineers and hourly quality team members. Responsible for overall leadership, coordination, and evaluation of these team members. Will assist in interviewing, training, rewarding, and disciplining these team members.
Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field
- 5-7 Years of Experience in quality leadership for a manufacturing facility
- Experience with ISO/TS16949 (PPAP, APQP, FMEA, etc.)
- Experience with Scrap reduction
- Expertise in Quality Management Systems
- Experience in automotive, preferably in 500+ person plant
- Six SigmaBlack Belt or Green Belt preferred
- Demonstrate key Tenneco values including but not limited to Passion and Sense of Urgency
- CQE and CQM/OE preferred
- Master’s Degreepreferred
- ASQ certified quality engineer, certified quality auditor
- Strong ability to develop talent
- Excellent problem solver, understand continuous improvement tools such as 8-D methodology