The Quality Manager assists and supports Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Superintendent on assigned projects. He/she develops plans, directs, and supervises project quality control functions and activities in conformance with the Company or project required Quality Program.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Perform jobsite and supplier audits and may issue independent reports;
- Develop project quality control (assurance) program manual in compliance with contract;
- Manage daily reports, document control and quality records and material procurement traceability;
- Lead Quality Assurance/Quality Control meetings with project staff;
- Maintain work performance records, documentation and other related compliance items;
- Act as liaison with owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters;
- Manage the requirements of the quality assurance and quality control program to respective sub-contractors, suppliers and other vendors;
- Supervise and implement corrective measures in cases of noncompliance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency QA/QC requirements;
- Ability to manage workload effectively including plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Build and manage high performing teams;
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- QA/QC training is preferred;
- 10 years of construction experience, with Quality Control Background.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.