ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The primary result expected from the Quality Manager will be to formulate quality control policies and control quality of laboratory and production efforts by planning, directing, and coordinating quality assurance programs.
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Direct product testing activities throughout production cycles.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversee workers including supervisors, inspectors, or laboratory workers engaged in testing activities.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and expectations.
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or procedures.
- Direct the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.
- Document testing procedures, methodologies, or criteria.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Business Management preferred.
- 7-10 years of senior management experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Ability to supervise/manage diverse group of associates and managers.
- Significant experience with quality programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities, and multitask.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.