This position is responsible to lead, design, implement and continually improve the companies quality management system in conformance with Industry standards, customer specific requirements and the attainment of world-class quality standards. Lead, design and develop long range quality plans, strategies and tactics; and support the company’s new product introduction process across all our locations.
- The Quality Director responsibilities fall within four primary categories encompassing quality systems, inspection, analysis, and corrective action. Collectively, these assure compliance to customer requirements and drive continuous improvement.
- The Quality Director directs the activities of the Quality Department, insuring that the appropriate skills, equipment, and training are in place to support company quality initiatives and objectives. Directly responsible for mentoring and developing the Quality Team including Engineers, Quality Technicians and Inspectors.
- Aid in the development and roll out of a metric format to effectively track, monitor and implement required corrective/improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Develop and implement inspection guidelines and procedures at the point of adding value to the product along with final audit of production parts prior to shipment to customers to assure complete compliance with dimensional, packaging, appearance and documentation requirements.
- In conjunction with Engineering and Compliance groups, oversee product performance and endurance testing, analysis, and evaluation studies in accordance with customer specifications including first piece layouts and studies.
- Strong bias towards working on the manufacturing floor, directly with manufacturing, engineering and other disciplines to root cause issues and implements sustainable reactions to issues.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or a related Technical field and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a QA Manager and/or Director.
- As a tier 1 supplier to the Heavy Truck, Agriculture or Construction Equipment Industries.
- And / Or
- OEM level manufacturer in Heavy Truck, Agriculture or Construction Equipment
- The position requires a good understanding of ISO and FMVSS standards as well as strong communication skills and desire to function in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in metal forming, welding and assembly processes and procedures, is required.
- CWI certification is a plus.
- Travel as required to meet and build relationships with key customers along with problem solving as necessary.
Salary $100K to $130K, bonus potential up to 25%.