Brief Description Specialty Components is looking for a highly energetic, motivated and hands on Quality Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations of Specialty Components, the Total Quality Manager will lead the Quality team in providing superior tactical and strategic implementation of our quality management system. The Total Quality Manager will manage internal and external customer quality relationships, deliver internal quality measures, drive and implement continuous improvement to deliver YOY reduced COPQ through improved IPPM and EPPM, and be responsible for managing quality related matters throughout the Specialty Components Group. The incumbent will directly supervise a staff of five Quality Technicians and will be responsible for motivating, developing and evaluating these associates. Key Accountabilities
- Develop and implement quality processes
- Collect, record, and analyze statistical data
- Lead manufacturing on quality issues to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Interface with suppliers on quality issues to help determine root cause and corrective actions
- Interface with customers on quality concerns to help determine root cause and corrective actions
- Serve as the management representative for our ISO 9001:2008 based quality management system; lead role in the compliance and continual improvement of system
- Drive continuous improvement utilizing lean manufacturing techniques, six sigma methodology, Kaizen principles, advanced product quality planning, statistical process controls and other quality tools.
- Champion the external third party and internal audit processes, Training internal auditors, determining schedules, priorities, developing reports and lead in the implementation of corrective and preventive actions resulting from audits.
- Investigate and analyze customer concerns and returns leading the material review board process, determining containment, disposition, root cause, corrective action and implementation of preventive actions.
- Conduct and/or supervise studies to determine cause, effect, and corrective measures required to remedy internal deviations from desirable standards of quality.
- Establish and direct an overall vision and direction for the daily operations of quality technicians, including dimensional verifications and inspections, first article processes and maintenance and calibration of all gauges and measuring devices and all associated testing procedures and record retention.
- Develop and implement cost control, savings and quality initiatives related to internal/external PPM, process improvements and customer issues. Collect, analyze and report on cost of quality and other metrics
- Present weekly/ monthly metrics reports, results of audits, continuous improvement project updates and status of corrective and preventive actions during monthly management reviews.
- Oversee the training, tracking and competency of all Quality Associates on processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Design, develop and implement a quality roadmap for achieving overall goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality or related technical field with 5 years Quality Management experience within a manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Five years of team leadership/supervisory experience is highly preferred
- Five or more years in the area of implementing and applying quality tools in manufacturing environment is required
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and quality control procedures
- Familiar with budgeting and reporting policies
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to use a structured approach to understand, analyze and solve complex problems / issues
- Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture both internally and at our supplier’s (machining and special processing)
- Cross-functional / cross-departmental outlook
- Strong written communication and excellent oral presentation skills, and the ability to present convincingly
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, highly proficient in spreadsheet applications
- Highly committed team player, flexible, self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the ISO 9001:2008, AS 9100C & ISO 13485 standards
- Certified internal auditor
- Green Belt with preference to Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Demonstrated leadership
- Delivers and sustains measurable results
- Customer focus
- Sets high expectations for sustained excellence
- Self-starter: action oriented / "can do" attitude / resourceful
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop associates
- Problem solver
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program