US - OK - Tulsa
Reports to: General Manager
Establish and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS). Ensure company and customer requirements are met through effective company-wide implementation of the QMS. Provide periodic reports to upper management on the status and effectiveness of the QMS as related to the company’s written Quality Policy.
Directly supervises 4-6 supervisory and professional employees, and indirectly supervises15-20 technical, administrative and hourly employees
Essential Responsibilities include (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage Quality Assurance, Calibration, and Process Control Testing Laboratory
- Serve as the company Quality Management Representative in all matters concerning Quality. Represent the company with external entities such as customers, subcontractors and regulatory agencies.
- Establish appropriate and effective controls to ensure compliance to customers’ requirements. Assure appropriate processing of nonconforming items. Review warranty claims and resolve technical issues with the customer if a warranty is accepted or denied.
- Manage the administration of customer quality and process audits, surveys and reviews.
- Manage the third party audit/certification process resulting in certification to industry standard process and quality management systems such as NADCAP, AS 9100, FAR Part 145, EASA Part 45, etc.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement activities, including but not limited to effective corrective and preventive action programs, internal audits and training Quality personnel
- Optimize the workforce through management of human resources. Prepare hourly performance reviews, approve time off and schedule/approve overtime. Recommend staffing decisions and develop/implement training and cross-training programs.
- Personally observe safety and security procedures and proper use of equipment and material. Actively promote safety process and report any safety issues to proper channels for action.
- Support Company EEO policies and take action to provide a workplace free from harassment or discrimination
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of quality systems, quality control, process control, statistical analysis, non-destructive testing, inspection methods, blueprint reading, and welding, machining, grinding and thermal spray technology
- Demonstrated ability to perform high level mathematical problem solving, geometry, physics, chemistry, mechanical properties, thermodynamics, metallurgy, etc.
- Ability to juggle several priorities simultaneously, paying attention to details and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and practical problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and standard office software with ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality or related discipline or equivalent directly related experience, aerospace preferred
- 6+ years of experience in quality
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAA Part 145 and ISO/AS based quality systems.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Normal office environment
- Frequently required to move about the facility
- Occasional travelrequired
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including eye and hearing protection while in shop