US - UT - Spanish Fork
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Department. This candidate will coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure that the processing of all products is consistent with customer purchase orders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
• Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
• Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
• Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
• Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
• Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
• Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
• Designs and implements training programs to all quality personnel.
• Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
• Maintains a clean, organized and work area.
• Adheres to all PCC & PCI specific safety and work rules.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, and costs.
• Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of aerospace machined parts
• Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership, teaming; and production methods.
• Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
• Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
• Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
5-7 years of Aerospace experience
2-3 years in a leadership role
Level of Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
ASQ Certified Quality Manager preferred
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
“We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway,” said Mark Donegan, PCC’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We see a unique alignment between Warren’s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers’ needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC’s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 35 plants with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Spanish Fork, Utah, Klune Spanish Fork is a leading manufacturer of complex high precision machined components to the aerospace and defense industries. Their key customers are Boeing, PAG/Airbus, Gulfstream, Goodrich (UTAS), Bombardier, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Missile Systems. Klune Spanish Fork specializes in complex hard metal 4 and 5 axis CNC precision machining, processing, and mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2012, Klune Spanish Fork has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures Division. Staffed with 230 employees in two production facilities, Klune Spanish Fork generates annual revenue in excess of $100 million.