Quality Manager Paper Manufacturer
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Printing & Paper
We have been retained by a successful Paper Company in Wisconsin, a quaint and sleepy location, to find the best and brightest for this current leadership role . You will love the location, the people, the facility, the cost of living and quality of life.
Is this you???
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires college degree in Paper Science/Chemical Engineering, or OJT equivalent. At least five to ten years of paper quality experience a must.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
Works directly with sales, manufacturing and customers to identify requirements, specifications and expectations.
Ensure product specifications and mill capabilities are aligned with customer requirements.
Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
Brings together different disciplines to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
Manages and maintains the Company’s quality inspection processes and specifications
Ensure product testing protocols and methodologies are properly understood and carried out and lab condition conform to TAPPI standards.
Provides and oversees the inspection of testing activity.
Maintains operation data and prepares productivity/quality reports for management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance of product specifications and customer requirements.
- Makes final determinations or dispositions related to non-conforming materials
- Analyzes adherence to specification.
- Audit processes to ensure conformance to product specifications and reports performance against established quality metrics.
- Assist with product trials, process development and process improvement initiatives
Work Relationships and Scope:
- Provides timely (e.g. during a manufacturing run) communication on adherence to specifications.
- Provides daily updates for senior management on adherence to specification and developing trends of concern.
- Identifies opportunities and leads effort of further improvement of product quality, uniformity or cost reduction by thoroughly understanding interplay of product requirement, customer expectation and machine capability
- Leads the collection, review, response and communication of customer feedback and complaint information.
- Facilitates analysis and coordinates activities related to process/system improvement projects.
- Lead root cause analysis/complaint investigations and the development and execution of action plans to correct special causes; audit corrective actions to ensure appropriateness.
Recourse Communications Inc.
RCI Recruitment Concierge
Strategic. Practical. Timely.