Develops, implements, and coordinates quality assurance program in order to ensure that customers' needs are met or exceeded. Ensures that quality systems are both followed and effective. Provides technical support for the other groups and provides customer support at a variety of levels.
- Champion health and safety initiatives within the quality functions to ensure employee safety.
- Provide expectations, accountability and direction to direct reports, and ensure all quality personnel are trained in and consistently execute policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Design and implement a process control plan to ensure customer satisfaction and to minimize the total cost of quality.
- Lead the policy deployment process within the quality assurance function.
- Own, manage, and provide oversight to the quality management system.
- Manage customer relationships relative to customer needs, concerns, dissatisfaction's, audits, inspections, etc.
- Be a productive member of the market and management teams of the business.
- Support an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Lead problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
- Acts as AS9100 and Nadcap Management Representative
- embracing and participating in an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
- Has the authority to stop process to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes are non-compliant
- Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards
- Follow all company Quality Standards
Supervisory Responsibilities (If applicable)
3 years minimum with direct reportresponsibilities
Quality Engineer, Lab Technicians, and Inspection
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or comparable technical degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Aerospace experience, preferred.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma techniques are required.
- Must have a good understanding of statistical methods.
- Must demonstrate the ability to get things done through others.
- Must be self-motivated, have a high sense of urgency, be able to problem solve complex situations, be resourceful, and provide personal hands-on efforts where necessary.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9002/AS9100 and Nadcap
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes
- Utilization of Lean Manufacturing techniques