The Quality Manager is responsible for developing a Quality vision and strategy and promoting a zero-defect culture across the organization. He or she will be driving continuous improvement to the quality management system and ensuring ISO9001 standards are being met at every facility. The Quality Manager will be driving the Quality team to provide root cause analysis on product defects. He or she, along with the Quality team members will work closely with engineering, production and purchasing to resolve product quality issues. He or she will work under the direction of the Operations Director in a fast-paced collaborative environment supportive of operational initiatives and compliant with company best practices.
This position will be based in Dynatec’s Hendersonville, TN headquarters location.
Quality Assurance System
- Drive the Quality team to execute and complete root cause and corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Develop and manage overall supplier quality program driving best practices throughout the supply base; work with team and suppliers to ensure root cause analysis is performed and corrective action plans are completed.
- Review and study existing equipment, systems and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality and reduce costs.
- Responsible for all customer inquiries related to product safety, regulatory issues and product-related technical questions.
- Lead ISO program in all manufacturing facilities and drive continuous improvement of quality systems to ensure ISO compliance and improve efficiency.
- Administer the company’s corrective/preventative action and customer complaint system ensuring that failures are thoroughly resolved and communicated timely and effectively to the customer.
- Works with production team to identify improvements in manufacturing processes specific to error proofing and quality assurance/control.
- Partners with Engineering team members in troubleshooting product design and performance issues.
- Demonstrates computer skills required for the position – spreadsheet and database software and basic abilities to read and manipulate drawings.
- Applies80/20 principals to daily operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering
- 7-10 years’ experience in manufacturing environments
- QMSexperience, preferably five years managing or developing a quality system
- Demonstrated success delivering results in a continuous improvement environment (6 Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in change management in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams to execute and complete root cause correct action analysis within 30 days of complaint
- Critical problem solving including analytical/root cause analysis skills
- Technical understanding of industrial engineered products with the ability to communicate technically to customers, suppliers, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, including working across the organization from the shop floor to executive management. Ability to work across all divisional disciplines (HR, sales, finance, operations, & engineering)