Our client, a manufacturer of products for the food and pharmaceutical industries, seeks a Quality Manager for a new manufacturing facility. The company, with its roots in R&D testing, has commercialized their manufacturing processes and requires a hands-on, roll up the sleeves Quality Manager that can implement a robust Quality Management System, create SOPs, lead continuous improvement initiatives for Quality, lead GMP audits, etc.
- Maintain Food Safety Management System compliance to stated FDA regulations per 21 CFR part 111 and 117.
- Review, edit, and approve quality procedures that are pertinent to the manufacture of safe products.
- Lead implementation and training of quality related processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly GMP audits occur and identified issues are resolved.
- Responsible for Material Review Board (MRB).
- Perform other duties as determined by Leadership in order to support the business.
- Responsible for sustaining and contributing to Continuous Improvement strategies and develop best-practices in Quality.
Quality Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years of proven Quality Managerexperience in food manufacturing, brewing operations, essential oils manufacturing, or similar regulated manufacturing operations
- BS in chemistry, food science or similar is preferred
- Experience with 21 CFR 117, GMP, and FDA audits for nutritional supplements , pharmaceuticals, or food products
- Extensive knowledge of the requirements needed to satisfy a good Food Safety Management System (HACCP, HARPC, FSMA, Environmental Monitoring, Sanitation, Housekeeping, Allergens, Traceabilifty, Documentation, Training, etc...).
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in the use of MS office and capable of generating reports to upper management.
- Skilled in writing routine SOPS, batch records, flow charts, and other compliance documentation.