A strong, local, growing, highly-respected polymer products manufacturer is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to oversee all facets of their Quality Department. This role is ideal for someone seeking to join a remarkable team and a great work environment. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Quality Manager in a plastics manufacturing plant – including but not limited to Injection Molding, Extrusion, Blow Molding, or Compression Molding. We are proud of the team we have built and, as such, are searching for a truly exceptional “people person” who can apply their experience to this role and make a big impact across multiple projects and initiatives. Excellent benefits, compensation, and opportunity for advancement are included in this role.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager
- Manage all Quality Aspects of this Plant, including Quality Manual, Certification, inspection criteria, testing, establishing what is non-conforming, management of techs, and training.
- The Quality Manager will serve as administrator/management representative of ISO Quality System, and will ensures ISO documents are created and maintained.
- Coordinate and conduct quality audits (ISO), document results, implement corrective action.
- The quality Manager will ensure controls are in place such that all manufactured products conform to all company and industry quality and regulatory agency standards.
- The Quality Manager will ensure labs and plants have appropriate equipment/technology to perform needed measurements/tests.
- The Quality manager or will ensure performance of requested testing from customers and /or standard organizations.
- The Quality Manager will ensure documentation and maintenance of Corrective/Preventative Action Plans, Customer Complaints, and Vendor Complaints. Responsible for follow up to ensure timely resolution of complaints. The Quality manager is responsible for maintaining and updating the Quality Manual, and communicating updates within the organization.
- Assists QC personnel as requested by Technical Services Manager to ensure that quality controls are in process and functioning appropriately.
Qualifications for Quality Manager
- College Degree in Engineering or management , with CQE, CQM preferred. May consider 10 years experience in Quality in lieu of education.
- 5years of plastics or polymer manufacturing experience, with a strong preference for processes such as injection molding, thermoforming, blow molding, or similar.
- 5years experience as a Quality Manager, Quality Supervisor, or Quality Engineer with direct reports, with strong planning skills, and the ability to establish key metrics and work to achieve your goals.
- 5years experienceworking withISO standards, documentation, and quality manuals, with proven experience implementing quality programs in manufacturing operations. .
- Strong Process and quality improvement experience with knowledge of 6-Sigma, Kaizen, SPC and Process Control (how to measure, track analysis and initiate improvement).
- Ability to acquire and analyze data gathered in improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Audits, with experience developing and implementing quality audit programs. Strong knowledge of implementing preventative and corrective actions.