Leggett & Platt Aerospace is seeking a Quality Manager for our Pegasus location in Middletown, Connecticut. Founded in 1989, Pegasus is recognized as the world leader of fabricated tube and pipe assemblies, with supporting component machining for the aerospace, power generation, ship and submarine building and other hi-tech industries. As part of a global S&P 500 company, Pegasus’ growth continues at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Department. This candidate will coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure that the processing of all products is consistent with customer purchase orders and specifications.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee our supplier excellence program, including supplier auditing and surveillance
- Develop inspection methodologies/techniques – to include CMM programming and inspection to insure maximum efficiency of inspection processes.
- Identify proper performance measurements for department (and personnel as necessary) and visually display and communicate performance for entire group
- Ensure the company has robust, disciplined processes, in compliance with NADCAP and AS9100; and ensure that these processes are properly documented, employees are trained in their use, and that we have a rigorous audit program.
- Responsible for leading the continuous improvement of our processes with respect to their affectivity and efficiency.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Aerospace, or related field. Post graduate degree preferred
- Combination of 10 years quality (inspection) and quality management experience, some of which should be in an ISO certified organization.
- Experience in the aerospace industry is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of quality certifications and inter-workings between supplier and customer
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems (Epicor a plus)
- Ability to coach and manage experienced professionals within the company
Reasons you’ll love it here: Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in.