Company is a high-quality manufacturer of Aerospace products for Military and Aerospace applications. With a reputation for solutions-based engineering and a quality system,
We’re proud of our team! Whether you’re a long-term employee or a new hire, you have an important role to play in the success of the Company. In a small to mid-size company, you have the advantage of a friendly and familiar work environment where everybody knows your name. Employees have jobs with diverse responsibilities; if you like to wear many hats, you’re in the right place!
Our success starts with hiring capable people . Just like you, we want to be as sure as possible that you’ll be successful on the job. Once employed, you’ll participate in planning your professional development and career path.
The Quality Assurance Manager champions Quality throughout the organization, manages quality department resources and coordinates the implementation of the quality management system to cost-effectively facilitate quality and compliance. Interacts routinely with all employees as well as with customers, regulatory agencies and suppliers.
- Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to ensure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, and customer satisfaction. Uses the results of evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Coaches, develops and manages Quality Assurance department staff members; ensures efficient and effective departmental workflow as well as strong collaboration, direction and teamwork.
- Ensures product quality planning. Works with design and process engineering on the design, development and processing of new products.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate policies.
- Works with leadership team to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates necessary plant personnel for internal, customer, and third-party quality system audits.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Assesses supplier capabilities and monitors supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- Travels as needed to customer or supplier sites to ensure attainment of quality standards throughout the supply chain.
- Develops and manages budget for all QA equipment, projects and department expenditures.
- BS in Engineering, Science, Industrial Technology, or Business
- At least 5 years in quality management roles in a process-oriented, high volume manufacturing environment electronics a plus
- At least 3 years direct staff management and coaching experience
- Knowledge of International Standard ISO-9001 2015 Quality Management Systems AS9100
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills,)
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as needed to customer and supplier locations
- CQE, Lean or Six Sigma certification a plus